Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Immaturity won't get you anywhere with me

I understand the notion to throw a mini fit like a thirteen-year-old with an attitude, whose mommy just told them they can't go to the Valentine's Day Dance when things aren't going your way. Everybody grows up that way. It's like a first instinct. Here's the deal: If you're over 16, out grow it. It's not cute. Especially not once you've hit adulthood. Let it go.
Don't pout when things don't go like you want them to. And don't whine about it.  It makes people lose respect for you. Life's not fair. It's never been fair and it probably never will be. You will always have to do things you don't want to do. You will always have to deal with people not doing what they're supposed to and then you'll have to pick up the slack. It sucks but, that's life.
Acting like a teenager will only make me scoff at you and walk away. I'm sorry you don't want to wash the dishes AGAIN but, had you not said you refuse to them because it's ALWAYS you, maybe I would have done them. Not now. Here's a quick fix for this: say something along the lines of "Hey, I feel like I've been doing the dishes a lot. Would you mind doing them tonight?" Guarantee you will get a better response this way. At least you're addressing me like I'm a human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment