Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Words that irritate me

Okay, this definitely isn't something I expect everyone to agree on. Except for maybe the word "moist" everyone has their own words that drive them insane. These are mine:

Moist: Yeah, like everyone else, I HATE this word. I don't know if it's the "oy" sound or what but I will avoid saying this at all costs. Brownies which would normally be referred to as "moist", are in my mind doughy. Moist does not exist unless I cannot possibly think of another word. I hate it that much. And anyone who knows me uses this against me. When I'm already annoyed my friends will just sit there and say "moist" until I lose my mind completely.

Irk: The word irk irks me. I hate it. It shouldn't even be a word. We have anger and infuriate why do we need irk? And I think more than the way the word sounds, I hate the irony of the fact that this word irritates me. It's definition is to irritate and that's exactly what it does to me.

Urge: It must be that "ur" sound. I mean: irk and urge. It has to be the sound of the word. It also seems like an "urge" arises for anything good. But, maybe that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment